Snippets 7 July 2012
Warm up in July
Winter weather and what better way of keeping warm than sewing? Who doesn’t love to have a quilt snuggled over your lap while you sew the binding?
So next week with children back at school after holidays settle down with a new project.
Thinking Christmas in July? We always have a selection of beautiful Christmas fabrics to run up a quick project – table runner, napkins, quick Christmas cloth – all can be achieved in less time than you can imagine.
Choose a panel to get started quickly or one designed for placemats or napkins. Maybe get started on that Christmas stocking for the littlies.
Click here to see the Christmas fabrics we have on line and come in to the store to see the total collection.
Set aside a sewing day a week – after all that was what our grandmothers did – after they had washed on Monday, ironed on Tuesday, cleaned on Wednesday and Thursday was sewing day before baking day on Friday. Can any of you remember these times? Such a structured life compared with the one we live today.
Queensland mother and daughter digitizing duo, Christine and Lyn from Kenny Kreations have a growing reputation as wonderful digitizers responsible for some fantastic quilt designs.
Their latest, Midnight Roses was designed under licence agreement with international quilting teacher Sharon Pederson and Nine Patch Media.
Peak Hour peek
Those who did the Kellie Wulfsohn workshop at Sewco last year will be thrilled to hear she has a fabric range out and we have it here.
Another talented Australian Kellie Wulfsohn’s quilt designs have been embraced by quilters all around the world. Kellie is the face behind the Australian quilt design business Don’t Look Now! Her unique method of raw edge applique produces bright, fresh, and fun designs that are truly inspirational. She teaches workshops and sells her applique patterns around the world.
If you loved Peak Hour the pattern, you’ll love the fabric range too. Just the thing for whipping up a quick quilt. Why not compliment it with a cushion or two from the pattern.
This fun quilt will delight every child (dare we say mostly the boys) fascinated with transportation. Traffic signs help direct the flow in “Peak Hour”, which features stylized trucks, motor scooters, and cars (some of the cars are even being towed away ! )
Click here to buy the pattern and fabric. and search in our e-store using the search word Peak to find all the fabrics in the range.
A Parliament of Owls – What a Hoot!
These fuzzy little winter warmers were a real hit in Susan’s Small Projects Class this week, and what a handsome bunch they made.
Imagine cuddling up under the quilt with one of these little cuties on a cold winters night.
Great gift idea!!!
Great offer from Anita Goodesign
Great Deals on Embroidery Machines this week
- PFAFF Creative 4 (http://www.sewcosewingcentres.com/e-store/Pfaff-Creative-4.0.html) RRP $7499 Sale Price $6299 While stocks last.
- Husqvarna Designer Ruby ( http://www.sewcosewingcentres.com/e-store/Husqvarna-Ruby.html )RRP $7499 Sale Price $5999
- Husqvarna Designer Topaz 30 (http://www.sewcosewingcentres.com/e-store/Husqvarna-Designer-Topaz-30.html ) RRP $4299 Sale Price $3299
- Husqvarna Designer Topaz 20 (http://www.sewcosewingcentres.com/e-store/Topaz-20.html ) RRP $3299 Sale Price $2799
- Janome Memory Craft 11000 Special Edition ( http://www.sewcosewingcentres.com/e-store/Janome-MC11000SE-Special-Edition-Sewing-and-Embroidery-Machine.html )RRP $8499 Sale Price $5999
- Janome Memory Craft 9700 ( http://www.sewcosewingcentres.com/e-store/Janome-Memory-Craft-9700.html )RRP $3499 Sale Price $2499
- Janome Memory Craft 350E (http://www.sewcosewingcentres.com/e-store/Janome-Memory-Craft-350E-Embroidery-Only.html ) RRP $2799 Sale Price $1999
- Janome Memory Craft 200E (http://www.sewcosewingcentres.com/e-store/Janome-Memory-Craft-200E-Embroidery-Only-Machine.html ) RRP $1499 Sale Price $1099
Show and Tell with another Aussie twist
Sue Ramsay brought along this magnificent quilt to tease us. Using Kaffe Fassett fabrics, she created Kim McLean’s (an Australian Award Winning Designer) Lollypop Trees using machine embroidery. The striking colours and imaginative use of Kaffe fabrics make this quilt an absolute stunner. In the original Kim McLean design stylised ‘lollypop’ trees are surrounded by a forest of smaller trees in the border.
Kim is an award winning quiltmaker from Australia who features imaginative use of Kaffe’s fabrics in her quilts. She is known for adding a modern twist to traditional needle-turn applique quilt patterns, by adding her own whimsical interpretations.
More Dressmaking Classes on Offer
Karen knows weekday classes don’t suit everyone. For those of you who can’t make it during the week but are keen to expand your dressmaking skills, we are offering a Saturday afternoon class on the last Saturday of each month. You bring along a project of your own choice and Karen will share her years of dressmaking knowledge and skills.
Your Choice with Karen Saturday 28 July 12.45pm – 3.45pm
Book now as the class is filling fast.
Endnote – Nice Note of Thanks
I would like to thank Lesley and all the staff who worked hard and long hours to give us us a wonderful P J Party night on Friday night. Everyone who wasn’t there missed a great night. Sorry we kept you all up so late but it was fun and there were some fantastic “Specials” I hope you all catch up on the lost sleep and look forward to another Party next year.